STUDY 4: Bone Mineral Density and Formation
Thoughts from ReGenos President, Jim Kent
- 131 women participated, 102 women completed
- randomized, placebo-controlled double-blinded study
- Areas studied: Bone Mineral Density (BMD) of the back and neck
- 12 Month duration
- 5 g daily dose
- BMD of the spine and of the femoral neck increased significantly compared to the control group
- The intake of ReGenos sourced collagen increased BMD in postmenopausal women with primary, age-related reduction of BMD.
- increased bone formation and reduced bone degradation.
- Study was only partially funded by Gelita and the authors had no conflicts of interest.