STUDY 2: Changes Shown in Tibial Cartilage
Thoughts from ReGenos President, Jim Kent
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study
- 30 participants aged 49 and older with moderate severe knee pain
- 10 grams ReGenos Joint Health sourced collagen (see note below)
- Study funded by Gelita AG however not involved in the performance of the study.
- shown to stimulate ".. cultured chondrocytes to synthesize type 2 collagen and proteoglycans."
- Significant differences between groups only in the medial and lateral tibial cartilage regions.
- Small study but shows some promise. See the full study here >>
Notes: a later study (zdzieblik 2017) reduced the intake to 5 grams and found no statistical difference in the results. That study is here. The excerpt is on page 5 where it says: "..the daily dosage was reduced from 10 to 5 g, and the duration of the treatment was shortened from 24 to 12 weeks." it goes on to say: "the efficacy of the collagen peptide intake seems to be independent from BMI of the subjects. This indicates that a daily intake of 10 g might not be required..."